I’ve finished the Ultimate Reset–21 days of no exercise and seriously clean eating. On the other side, I am sleeping deeper and better, have much more energy, and lost 8.5 lbs and 7 inches all around. I feel Fantastic!! It has not been very hard to stick with a clean eating diet this week. I had one day when I splurged on a fabulous cupcake from Jilly’s Cupcakes and I have to admit–it tasted great but I felt simply AWFUL after eating it. Headache, and some digestive trouble. Lesson learned. Not eliminating cupcakes, but maybe next time I’ll only have a bite or two. That’s all I really needed anyway.
Tomorrow, though is another story. Superbowl Sunday–its the American holiday of beer and junk food. I’m going to my first superbowl party in years and am thinking strategically about the day, because I want to have fun, and I don’t want to feel completely gross and torpedo my results afterwards.
Here’s my list:
- Get my workout in early–I usually take Sundays off, but I’ll workout in the morning to make sure I have burned some extra calories before I event start the day. My favorite for this kind of thing is a HIIT from TurboFire–I can burn 550 calories in 15 minutes. Incinerator, baby!
- Bring Healthy food to share–I’ll bring a fresh veggie assortment and a big bowl of this Quinoa Salad from the Beachbody Ultimate Reset–see recipe at right. I’ll have to multiply the recipe by 8 for a party crowd, but its so flavorful and satisfying, its perfect for a crowd.
- Get some protein in before I go–I’ll have a shakeology before I leave. Its low-calorie and will fill me up so that I don’t snack mindlessly
- Drink Lots of Water. The party is at a club with a bar, but rather than having to go get refills of small plastic cups of water, I am going to bring a couple of bottles of my really great clean tasty filtered water. I find if I have a bottle of water in my hand all the time, I will snack less and drink less beer. I can still have the beer, but in between the beers I will have to finish a bottle of water
- Superbowl parties tend to involve a lot of sitting along with overindulging on snacks and beer. I am determined to get some folks to do a healthy challenge with me during the party. Check out this superbowl workout game from Spark People. I think it will be fun! And maybe I will work off some of the less healthy stuff I know I’ll consume (in moderation of course!)
What’s your plan?